How to conduct an Interview
Following are some of the questions that you may like to ask your preferred candidates to
determine whether he/she is the right fit for the job? These questions are for general
- Tell me about yourself?
- Are you a qualified carer?
- What are your qualifications?
- What do you enjoy most about being a carer?
- What is your flexibility with working hours?
- What rate of pay are you looking for?
- Do you have your own transport?
- Do you have a current Police Check?
- Do you have a Working with Children Check?
- How good are you with children?
- How many years have you been working in this industry?
- Are you happy to undertake domestic duties?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
Conducting Reference Checks
Following are some questions that you may like to ask when contacting the provided referees.
These questions are general guidance only.
- How well do you know the candidate?
- How long was the candidate employed by you?
- Can the candidate follow instructions well?
- How would you describe the candidate’s personality profile?
- How good is the candidate with children?
- Is the candidate flexible?
- Is the candidate reliable, patient, punctual and compassionate?
- Why did the candidate stop working for you?